PDA

View Full Version : Velbon CX-Mini Tripod review

PKW
20-04-11, 08:52 PM
Hello, my name is Phil Wright from Cambridgeshire and I have been into proper photography for just under a year. Here is my review for the Velbon CX-Mini Tripod.

After finding that I really enjoy night photography, a few months ago I was after a fairly small tripod to carry with me in a backpack without feeling like I was lugging round a unnecessarily huge tripod. To begin with I looked at a Gorillapod SLR tripod, but after further research I found a worthy alternative known as the Velbon CX-Mini. This is a more conventional tripod than the Gorillapod with the usual three extending legs. The CX-Mini is known as a table top tripod because of having a maximum operational height of 64cm but this is something i'm prepared to compromise for it's compact folded size of 30cm. As well as this the 3-way head feels reassuringly sturdy even when supporting a DSLR on itís quick release platform. Also, the leg extension clips also feel secure when adjusted to various heights. I am an automotive photographer and find the maximum height suitable for a variety of situations that i've used it in. This tripod would also be useful for macro photography.

Pros:
Good value, sturdy, compact, light-weight

Cons:
Sometimes a limited height

Thanks,

Phil