PDA

View Full Version : Take a look Please

travelbug
08-04-11, 09:29 AM
Hi Everyone, can someone please take a look at my Deer pictures I have just put on the Gallery, I have a Panasonic FZ100 which I am very happy with but I took some pictures of Deer the other day and feel if I had an DSLR I could have got better results as in close up, would I benefit from DSLR? I enjoy taking wildlife and would be happy to buy another camera if the results would be better than the Deer I took with my FZ100, many thanks, travelbug

graham_c
08-04-11, 11:10 AM
Hi travelbug. Before i got a dslr i had a 18x panasonic bridge camera ( which was a good camera) . Straight away their was a massive quality upgrade . Looking at your photos i would have to say the sooner you get a dslr the better. Only down side is if you want to zoom in close to the deer you will need a large zoom and they can be quite costly... good luck graham

travelbug
09-04-11, 11:06 AM
Hi travelbug. Before i got a dslr i had a 18x panasonic bridge camera ( which was a good camera) . Straight away their was a massive quality upgrade . Looking at your photos i would have to say the sooner you get a dslr the better. Only down side is if you want to zoom in close to the deer you will need a large zoom and they can be quite costly... good luck graham

Thanks for your comments Graham, I will have to do some research as I have no idea about DSLR...there are so many on the market! travelbug

graham_c
09-04-11, 02:20 PM
Hi Best thing to do is try them out for touch then check the lenses you will require and take it from there. When i got mine i went for a canon and didn't like the touch and ended up with a nikon... good luck.graham

travelbug
09-04-11, 05:25 PM
Hi Best thing to do is try them out for touch then check the lenses you will require and take it from there. When i got mine i went for a canon and didn't like the touch and ended up with a nikon... good luck.graham

Thanks Graham, I have seen Jessops have a Canon 500D with a Tamron 75-300mm and a macro 18-55mm for 599...I would like to think the 300mm will be better for taking deer!! Like you said I need to do the touch test and see if it fits comfy in my hand and do some research on price as I want to get the best price! travelbug

graham_c
09-04-11, 06:45 PM
Hi .Just been on the jessops site and the bundle looks a good deal. Here is a link for the tamron 75 300 http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=tamron+75+300+lens#page=0...

travelbug
09-04-11, 07:37 PM
Hi .Just been on the jessops site and the bundle looks a good deal. Here is a link for the tamron 75 300 http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=tamron+75+300+lens#page=0...

Thanks for link Graham, will let you know how I get on at Jessops when I visit our local store! travelbug

travelbug
11-04-11, 08:28 AM
Thanks for link Graham, will let you know how I get on at Jessops when I visit our local store! travelbug

Hi Graham just to say I went to Jessops and after talking to sales assistant he told me my Pansonic FZ100 has a better zoom than the Canon package with the 300 mm lens, so I feel I will keep to my FZ100 or I would need to spend a lot of money to make it worth while to upgrade....I wish! May thanks for your help and comments. travelbug

graham_c
11-04-11, 12:49 PM
Hi .Know what you mean about the 300. It would give you about a 12x zoom on your panasonic 4 or 500 lenses can be over 1000. I bought an old nikon 200 manual focus lens on ebay cheaply and attach it to a 2x teleconvertor. Only works on manual though... good luck graham