PDA

View Full Version : Good audio for concerts. Please help :)

**Ash**
07-03-11, 11:39 AM
Hello everyone,

Sorry to post yet another concert advice thread, but after checking existing ones, none cover audio quality.

Doed anyone know the best camera for good audio? The camera I have is too old now, and has always had terrible audio. Of course I want decent pics and the video quality to be good, but I want to be able to actually hear it!

I recently came across the Panasonic Lumix TZ7 which has incredible audio. This video of muse, front row and a heavy bass song shows how brilliant it is (skip to end half of the video. Even in real life muse's bass is so heavy live that you can barely hear with your own ears!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EijMtTgpe9M&feature=player_embedded

The problem is Im a student and have next to no budget, so new TZ7s are way outta my price range. I am happy to buy refurbished cameras if there is at leat a 6 month warranty and the company are reputable, but having trouble finding out about quality of audio. I'm aware it may be as simple as making sure it has stereo sounds instead of mono, so feel free to tell me that and call me stupid!

In a nutshell me specs are:
Good audio playback is essential
Budget is a stupid 150 max.
My current camera is 7.1mp so would prefer above that.
Zoom-wise I'm not fussed, all cameras zoom to some extent, but I am usually at the barrier for concerts so a huge zoom is not important.
Happy to buy refurbed (and this is prob my only option anyway!)
Dont need anything with special features etc. Just decent video/pic quality with good audio.

I know my budget is very tight, so if you know any cameras slightly above, I can try and find it refurbed or second hand somewhere.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me!!
- Ashleigh