PDA

View Full Version : Canon EOS 350D

TONY57
25-02-11, 02:39 PM
I would be grateful for some assistance from any EOS 350D owner. When in creative mode (TV,AV, M) pressing the shutter button half-way does not give auto focus but produces an asterisk * in the viewfinder. Focus can only be achieved by pressing the AE Lock Button (marked *). Is this normal or does my camera have a fault? I would add that in basic zone modes half pressing the shutter button gives immediate auto focus. I would appreciate any help given. :confused:

Blitz Photography & Prod
26-02-11, 07:53 PM
Hi tony

if its like any other canon it could be the settings for shutter Button/AE Lock button
that as been changed thats all
you need to go in to your menu settings and look for custom function settings
in there you will find one about shutter Button/AE Lock button just set it to 0 and it should work as normal

hope this helps

russ :)

TONY57
26-02-11, 09:15 PM
Hi Russ,

Done as you suggested and problem solved. I'm really grateful for your help. One further thing and then I promise to leave you alone. I have a canon speedlite 380EX. Is it safe to use with my
EOS 350D. I've lately seen an article which said that older film type flashguns may ruin digitals.

Tony

Blitz Photography & Prod
28-02-11, 05:18 PM
hi tony
the info taken off canons
web site for your model EOS 350D says m8 its Compatible with EX Speedlite flashes
so as the speedlite 380EX says EX at the end then yes it will work with your 350D Fine ;)

TONY57
28-02-11, 10:59 PM
Thanks for that, your help has been really appreciated.

Tony
:)