PDA

View Full Version : Digital camera

madhumt
10-02-11, 10:24 PM
Sir,
I am quite new to the photography field, and not very conversant with technical terms which are used in this field,like shutter speed etc..... But I am planning to buy a camera, and I have 2 in my cart. Now problem is that I am confused which one to buy. I have gone through many web sites searching the specs and features of the two. Both I consider to be same in many aspects, but none of the experts are comparing these 2 products side by side. Products are,

Canon Powershot SX130 IS and

Fujifilm FinePix S 2500HD

Both carry almost same features but I liked Fuji when look is concerned. I am very much pleased with its Look and its optical zoom. But at the same time I dont want to sacrifice the image quality.

So please advice me which one should I buy!

I am in Russia now, and both are avail;able here. Cost doesnt matter!!!!!

Chris Cool
11-02-11, 01:44 PM
Hi and welcome :)

I assume, by the cameras you have selected, that you want a super zoom bridge camera which normally work best in bright conditions due to its smal sensor.

If you want to work in low light with some degree of success, then a DSLR might be more appropriate if money is no object.

Cheers

Chris

madhumt
11-02-11, 09:37 PM
Hai Chris,
Thank you very much. But as you suggested for DSLR, I cant spend that much . But I just want to have a bridge camera with very good image quality at outdoor/indoor.Like somebody told I dont want to shoot in DARK!!!!
So please tell me which one will suit me as I am a beginner and dont know much about the controls of a camera. But slowly slowly I will try to master in those. So please suggest me what if I select Fujifilm? Do both have the same image quality a tleast in normal zoom mode! In the specifications both score almost same marks, and same wide angles 28mm

One more I have in my cart and that is Nikon Coolpix L110 !!

What about this???
Thank you and please reply me

Chris Cool
12-02-11, 01:51 PM
I made a mistake about the Canon having a wider lens and starting at 24mm wide - sorry! :eek:

I have adjusted my previous post so others will not be confused and will start again :D

The Nikon Coolpix L110 does not have Aperture Priority or Shutter priority which means you don't have manual controls. Aperture Priority is less important on a small sensor as everything is in focus most of the time. Shutter priority at least allows you to set the speed.

So it's down to the Canon or Fuji.

Well, it looks to me as if they are very close in specs. The Fuji has more zoom and 16.9 image size (letterbox) but no manual focus whereas the Canon does.

If I were you I would go to a camera shop and have a play with both and see what fits best in the hand.

Once again, these are not low light cameras - to shoot inside without flash (at a gig or event) would mean using widest aperture and resting up against a pillar or something or waiting for the action to stop. If you zoom using higher ISO (faster speed), you may find images have a grainy/noisey look.

Have a look at this tutorial Click me.. (http://web.canon.jp/imaging/enjoydslr/index.html) that explains the most important fundamentals of photography. Don't worry that it uses a DSLR cos it applys to all sorts of cameras.

Cheers

Chris