PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS3 Motion Pic Recording...

cheiro
02-02-11, 03:23 PM
Hi all,

I have recently been bought a Lumix DMC-ZS3, which seems to be a fantastic little camera! I have an 8GB SDHC card in it. I was wondering if there is any way to extend recording time in motion picture mode - as each video is limited to 21 odd minutes, in all except the lowest quality motion JPEG mode!

I'm avoiding the 'AVCHD Lite' recording mode, in light of the problems that people seem to be encountering with it.
Many thanks :-)

Chris Cool
02-02-11, 08:13 PM
Hi

I was wondering if there is any way to extend recording time in motion picture mode

The short answer is no :(

On my TZ7 (for Europe (ZS3 for US)) the maximum record time is 2 GB regardless of memory card size (according to the manual).

I'm avoiding the 'AVCHD Lite' recording mode, in light of the problems that people seem to be encountering with it.

I have Windows 7, so can use 'Windows live movie maker'. Very simple to use. No hard learning curve :)

Regards

Chris

cheiro
02-02-11, 10:41 PM
Thanks Chris.

That's a shame about the recording time in Motion JPEG - but I will definately check out the windows 7 option you mention for AVCHD. I'm not on windows 7 yet (Vista Home Premium), but could be soon!

Kind Regards,

Leighton