PDA

View Full Version : Advice on a tripod

steve-b
14-01-11, 07:59 PM
Hi,

I am looking to buy a tripod for my DSLR but i would like to keep the cost to a minimum,
100 or less to be exact!
Any advice on decent brands or models would be greatly appreciated.

Jpgr31
18-01-11, 11:34 AM
Hi,

I am looking to buy a tripod for my DSLR but i would like to keep the cost to a minimum,
100 or less to be exact!
Any advice on decent brands or models would be greatly appreciated.

Hiya, my first 'Proper' tripod I brought because it was relatively cheap, light, and very compact. I still use it. In fact its still my only tripod I have and it has been very useful. So my advice? DO NOT BOTHER! Relatively cheap, Light, and Compact is a combination to disaster! Eventually the inevitable will happen! On a cold windy night on a road bridge, my DSLR snuggly perched on my fully extended (Light and compact) tripod, everything poised for 'that great shot'... I walk away to check my composition then suddenly the worst sound my dear pair of ears could ever endure is the sound of my precious camera Crashing down on a not so soft concrete walk path! well, at least my written off camera and lens was still tightly attached to my tripod head

:mad: So if Lightweight and Compact is not of priority then look for a strong sturdy tripod that has a good weight even if it means spending an extra 20-30 pounds. Remember- you get what you pay
:p