PDA

View Full Version : New camera

chatty
30-12-10, 08:16 AM
I am looking at upgrading my camera, I currently use a Sony A200 but feel the normal lenses are not good enough. I am looking at canon or nikon, and like shooting portraits landscapes, wildlife and a friend has asked if I could do their wedding in the new year.

Since there are so many cameras on the market it is easy to get a bit confused (well for me it is)

my budget is restricted as I lost my job 2 weeks ago, however there is nothing to stop me saving a bit extra and waiting a bit longer to get what I need.

Any help will be appreciated.

thanks

Chatty

hobgoblin
30-12-10, 06:24 PM
As i put on another thread,the Nikon D90 is a great camera to start out with and is being heavily discounted at the minute ! Always best to go into a shop and have a look what is on offer and have a play to see which feels right for you.Whatever you buy,practice a few weddings as a guest before you do the real one or else your friend may become an ex friend if you get it wrong !!

wave
31-12-10, 10:44 AM
Hi there are some good deals out there but what you need to think about is, when you get a DSLR you are buying into a system so research what lenses you need then go try the cameras see which you like the feel of.

As for the wedding bit I agree above if you have never done one then don't do it there is a lot of work in doing weddings. Look st this thread it says most things
http://www.whatdigitalcamera.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1659