PDA

View Full Version : Sigma 150-500mm

gwilliams
23-12-10, 07:28 PM
After a loan of a Sigma 150-500mm f5.6-6.3 Telephoto Zoom Lens from a work colleague I had resigned myself to the fact that I would, in the New Year have to save my money and look to purchase one for myself. :(

Browsing the web, I decided to look at the price for this item as my colleague had stated that he paid 900+ for his earlier in the year

Imagine my surprise when last night I saw that the price had dropped to around 700

Then I saw that Currys had them on offer for 599.97 down from 769.99 but NOT available for on-line purchase :D

So today I tried to purchase it from Currys in store! 2 were showing as in stock but after an hour waiting and them searching no items found!!!! And none in stock in any other store??? :eek:

Anyone any idea why? Is it being discontinued as the staff stated and if so by what?

Should I wait for Sigma to announce an updated version or surf to find another or buy something else? :confused:

Any recommendations please

Blitz Photography & Prod
07-01-11, 06:23 PM
hi gwilliams

if its any thing like the sigma 50 to 500mm that got up dated to having Optical Stabilisation
they might be doing that with the 150 - 500mm version and that means nearly double the price of one with out it

MachDan
22-01-11, 06:30 PM
Have you tried an internet search? There are quite a few on offer at lower prices

gwilliams
25-01-11, 06:24 PM
Found one on the net 609.00 + 19.00 P&P came today WOW :p

Sorry cant post anything more pff to try it out (evan though its dark outside) :(

Thanks for the comments/advise :D