PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic Lumix TZ10 or FT2?

Narcosis Nancy
28-08-10, 01:20 PM
About a week ago, my Olympus Tough 8000 was stolen. So now I am looking for a new camera. I have spent the last week reading lots of reviews and visiting camera shops. I've even tested several cameras at the store and am still 50/50 for these 2 cameras. I would like to know which one you would choose and why.

http://www.dslrphoto.com/dslr/network.php?maker=Panasonic&model=DMC-TS2&maker2=Panasonic&model2=DMC-ZS7&searchmode=3&ac=news

I will use the camera to take pictures and videos of my daughter and do all the sightseeing I can in Japan (and anywhere else I go). I will also take the camera sightseeing underwater as I scuba dive quite frequently. Both of these cameras have housings, lenses and strobes available. Although one of the cameras is waterproof to 33 ft for 60 min, I still need the underwater housing to take it diving.

One of the tings I loved about my Tough, was that I could take it to the beach, pool, or in the rain and not worry about the elements harming my camera. I mostly shoot in a continuous burst mode to guarantee a good shot when it comes to anything moving. What I didn't like about my Tough was the lack of zoom and poor low light photos.

These cameras are both really nice and I believe with comes down to exposure adjustments, or beach worthy without the extra case. :confused:

Bionic001
05-09-10, 03:01 PM
Hi,

I recently purchased the Panasonic FT2 and gave it a 5 star rating!

I cannot sing enough praises about this camera, and I have about 10 camera's in the house. We used it for exactly what you want to taking holiday shots, general photo's and diving.

I can tell you that the camera is handy, has a rubber casing provided, and also takes great photo's in the water and out. It also takes HD video and can zoom in and out (some can't do this) while in video mode.

The menu's are easy and I could hand the camera around with little fuss to anybody, and they could take photo's of video!

Narcosis Nancy
05-09-10, 07:11 PM
Hi,

I recently purchased the Panasonic FT2 and gave it a 5 star rating!

I cannot sing enough praises about this camera, and I have about 10 camera's in the house. We used it for exactly what you want to taking holiday shots, general photo's and diving.

I can tell you that the camera is handy, has a rubber casing provided, and also takes great photo's in the water and out. It also takes HD video and can zoom in and out (some can't do this) while in video mode.

The menu's are easy and I could hand the camera around with little fuss to anybody, and they could take photo's of video!

Congrats on the new camera. Thanks for the input.