PDA

View Full Version : D80 not firing

Bionic001
19-08-10, 10:38 AM
I have been using my D80 for a while and there is a very frustrating "error" that come up when using my D80 with particularly, but not exclusively with my zoom lenses (Tamron 18-270mm 1:3.5-6.3, Nikkor AF-S 18-135mm 1:3.5-5.6G ED, Nikkor AF-S 55-200mm 1:3.5-5.6G ED) and also Tamron 18-27mm 1:3.5-6.3. The best performance I have been able to get was when using the Tamron SP 10-24mm 1:3.5-4.5.

The "error" and I put it in inverted commas is related to the fact that my camera does not/refuses to fire when depressing the shutter release button. From my searches on the web there have been many explanations of which none have helped. They range from the fact that there is insufficient light (this happens even when there is good light - so no solution), that the processing is taking long from the previous shot taken (I have to cancel this, as it happens even when switching on the first time and trying to shoot) and so it goes on.

When the camera does not fire, the message in the bottom left shoes one of the following: Error r05, Error r03, Error r09. Sometimes I cannot change the F-stop to see if this can help the situation.

The only way I have been able to get around this problem is by changing the lens to the Tamron SP 10-24mm 1:3.5-4.5, which limits my shots at times, and also to go onto manual and fiddle the F-stop and Exposure speed to get the camera to fire. This mostly only allows me to take an under exposed shot.

I have missed many good shots because the camera does not fire, and I have been close to tossing the camera in the sea a few times.

Please help with this frustrating situation.

Thanks!

scotty
20-08-10, 02:30 PM
Hi. I don't know about cameras program wise, but I have just put in Nikon D80 Error messages on the web search and it came up with a few sites that maybe some help for you. :) It seem that you are not alone with a problem camera.
Regards Scotty

R0B
22-08-10, 05:50 PM
Sounds like your best bet is to directly contact nikon, I'm sure they'll be able to help :)

Bionic001
27-08-10, 11:29 AM
Hi,

Thanks for the replies to this problem, but unfortunately you are not telling me anything I know already. And herein lies the problem, there are no solutions on the web, and when searching within Nikon, there are no answers either. I think there is something wrong with the software, but need more clarification before I go fiddle with the software!.

Any ideas?

canismajor
22-04-11, 08:13 PM
Sorry to see that you are having this difficulty with the camera, a friend of mine having a similar problem decided to ring Nikon Uk directly, and he reported that they were able to provide a solution, so he was well pleased. If you haven't already tried this then please consider it as an option, and I do hope you are able to sort this out. All the best.