PDA

View Full Version : mr

robert777
09-07-10, 11:30 AM
I have 70 to spend on a digital camera and have been looking for 2 weeks now, there are just too many to choose from and I don't know which one to choose. I want it to take pictures of scenery when i am away fishing, also take pictures of the fish I catch and also for family gatherings. I would be grateful if someone could point me in the right direction of choosing the best camera for my needs.
Thankyou.

deepseeker
09-07-10, 11:55 AM
A point and shoot camera would be ideal for your needs (not a digital SLR as they are outside your price range). I work in a college and we have had good experiance with sony and nikon, best if you see them first, look for build quality and quality of image. Also look online for reviews as they will point out any drawbacks with the camera. We had some Olympus cameras one year and they had a very bad problem with shutter lag (press the shutter button and the wait before the shutter takes the image). We also had a problem with a nikon model that had a lot of noise on the image (nikon did not want to know but found that if you set the ISO to anything other than auto it was a good image.)

So have a look in the shop you will find almost all cameras now give a good spec for your money and they do want your money, find the features you need and then hunt down the price on the internet - go and see your local dealer and see if he will price match the camera you want.

As I say, Sony for me were a well made camera with a good lens and a lot of features, but all the well known manufacturers do very good cameras for the money.

robert777
09-07-10, 12:26 PM
thanks deepseeker for your reply