PDA

View Full Version : Compact advice - good in low light, with decent flash

Hellou
20-05-10, 12:34 AM
I've just bought a digital compact to take out and about when it's not convenient to take my SLR. I got the Fuji JZ510 from Jessops and I will be taking it back as it is useless. The flash is really poor, especially when using the zoom even only a metre or so away - very grainy and dark.

Can anyone recommend a digital compact that is good in low light conditions and/or has a decent flash.
I really just want this camera to put in my bag on nights out or to have handy for candid shots so I will be using a lot at night or indoors.
One that's quick as well because there's nothing worse than camera delay.
An optical zoom between 5 - 10x.
My budget is between 100 - 200 as this is a second camera so I can't break the bank.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Matt
21-05-10, 09:44 AM
You've got a few choices on that front. I'd recommend the Fuji F70 EXR (http://whatdigitalcamera.co.uk/equipment/reviews/compactcameras/127819/1/fujifilm-f70exr-review.html), as it's got a decent zoom (10x) can perform well in low light and is small enogh to shove in a pocket. The current street price is around 160 as well, making it something of a bargain. The Canon SX200IS also has a hefty zoom on it, excellent image quality and full manual controls, but is at the top end of your budget at 200.