PDA

View Full Version : Broke festival go-er needs camera.

imcleish
08-04-10, 03:56 PM
Hey,

for a while now i have been toying with the idea of buying a camera to document the random drunken amazing times that usually cannot be remembered. Since i've never bought a camera before i thought i would get some advice first. My budget is between 50 and 100 (because i am a poor student). Ideally what i'm looking for is a 12 megapixel, lightwieght but very very STURDY camera. Obviously i will be my best to look after the camera but i am going to Download and Leeds festival this year so...

Thanks for the help :)

Matt
09-04-10, 10:36 AM
For that kind of money, and for a sturdy camera, you might be better off looking at the second hand market. Although the likes of Canon and Panasonic make some decent budget models they do tend to be a touch plasticy. Park Cameras have a healthy stock of second hand compacts, as does eBay. I'd probably advise either a Panasonic Lumix, Canon Ixus or Sony T series, or an Olympus Tough if you can get hold of one. If you find something you're interested in by all means post the link here and we can check it's legit etc.

imcleish
16-04-10, 01:40 PM
Hey, thanks for the advice. The olympus tough seems perfect for me. Found this one on ebay, could you maybe see if it's alright?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Olympus-Mju-Tough-850SW-850-SW-Digital-Compact-Camera_W0QQitemZ230460566613QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_ CamerasPhoto_DigitalCameras_DigitalCameras_JN?hash =item35a8852c55