PDA

View Full Version : Technology for 2010

Mat Gallagher
04-12-09, 02:07 PM
HD Video has been the big thing in 2009 but what will dominate next year's launches? 3D? ISO? Or something completely new?

Mike Lowe
07-12-09, 12:51 PM
HD Video has been the big thing in 2009 but what will dominate next year's launches? 3D? ISO? Or something completely new?

I think 3D will begin to penetrate the market. It's very current among films and even in their Blu-ray/DVD sales formats. Channel 4 ran its 3D week not so long ago and the work that NVIDIA is doing will revolutionise not only 3D gaming, but stills, films and visuals in general too. It's not for everyone and I don't think it'll be found everywhere, but there's a buzz around the prospect of 3D at the moment, particularly with regards to TV...

Barney
14-12-09, 01:59 PM
3D TV? As if I needed another reason not to watch Gavin and Stacey! :eek::eek::D

Mike Lowe
11-01-10, 11:10 AM
I think 3D will begin to penetrate the market. It's very current among films and even in their Blu-ray/DVD sales formats. Channel 4 ran its 3D week not so long ago and the work that NVIDIA is doing will revolutionise not only 3D gaming, but stills, films and visuals in general too. It's not for everyone and I don't think it'll be found everywhere, but there's a buzz around the prospect of 3D at the moment, particularly with regards to TV...

Now that CES has come to a close and, prior to everyone harking on about 3D all year, I'd just like to say that I pointed it out first. :p

nikonian
17-04-10, 07:10 AM
The first 3d camera's are comming out only in the P&S range yet

now the waiting is for a professional in the box option , like that little chinese guy that comes with every car from landwing , ready to service it ..:D

Matt
21-04-10, 01:28 PM
Pet detection is clearly where it's at. I'm gutted when I can't get a sharp image of a hamster :-)

Paul Nuttall
23-04-10, 03:40 PM
It won't be long before Sweep Panorama, or variations therein, is on every camera. I can also see more of a trend for the really intense filters in-camera, such as the Olympus Art Filters, becoming more widespread

R0B
07-05-10, 05:33 PM
Obviously 3d is the next big thing, although I think in camera basic social networking could be a big selling point soon...
just a thought :rolleyes:

wave
10-05-10, 09:33 AM
i dont know what the next big thing will be may be 3d but you really will have to do it with ou putting on the glasses.
with all the tech that is here now to view pictures i was amused the other day to watch people looking at photographs in an album at a family do, everyone just wanted to have a look at it from the old to young and all said the same thing you cant beat looking at pictures this way. so maybe the next big thing will be a photograph album.

deddard
13-06-10, 08:16 AM
The rear-illuminated sensors from Sony making their way into cameras at last, less noise and better DR.
Combine that with the dual micro lens system on their sensors and things are looking good.

Built in GPS on everything.

Chester
11-07-10, 11:58 AM
I used an old Exacta SLR for 7 years, a Pentax MX for 27 years, and a Pentax K10 for the last 3 years. With film cameras, after some experimentation, I always used Kodachrome and loved the 200ASA version when it was introduced. I moved to digital in 2007 because I could no longer buy Kodachrome.

I want a body the size and weight of my beloved Pentax MX body, with a full-frame 14-15mb sensor. This would not too small for adult hands, well built and with a pentaprism viewfinder, and offer manual exposure only. The screen on the back could probably only be 2 or 2.5 inches, which is quite adequate for reviewing images and checking histograms.

Whilst I do appreciate and use autofocus, built-in flash, ASA adjustment and white balance adjustment, I have no interest in live view, making 'movies', or lots of automated exposure modes, and always wander how much cheaper cameras might be if all these were omitted on a 'base' model.