PDA

View Full Version : Combining technologies

Mat Gallagher
04-12-09, 03:05 PM
Sony makes a vast array of products - all of which are pretty good - but what features from their other items would you bring into their DSLRs?

Video is obviously an easy choice with Sony Camcorders but what about Playstation style controls? Sony Ericsson style Wireless capabilities? or Bravia quality screen?

Luis_Rubim
08-12-09, 08:34 PM
Definately wireless connectivity, but I am pretty much happy with what they offer now. I guess the Playstation like controls would be great for a camera for kids. I bet Sony could do a better Fisher-Price type camera for kids than Fisher-Price :D

daft_biker
08-12-09, 09:18 PM
Welcome Luis :)

How about motion sensors like in Wii controls that releases the shutter when the camera is least shakey?

...sort of like smile detection but steady detection for landscapes and bugs and stuff.

rogprov
10-12-09, 08:22 AM
Fills me with dread. I just want a camera not a multi-function gadget.
The a900 suits me just fine, no video, no live-view and no coffee maker but it does what it's supposed to, take photos, extraordinarily well :)

RonM
09-02-10, 10:54 PM
As Rog says the 900 is 'what it says on the tin' - the highest mega pixie FF DSLR :cool:

R0B
15-02-10, 02:10 PM
Welcome Luis :)

How about motion sensors like in Wii controls that releases the shutter when the camera is least shakey?

...sort of like smile detection but steady detection for landscapes and bugs and stuff.

My old samsung s1065 did that, I kinda miss that feature :(

scenethat
16-02-10, 09:24 AM
Fills me with dread. I just want a camera not a multi-function gadget.
The a900 suits me just fine, no video, no live-view and no coffee maker but it does what it's supposed to, take photos, extraordinarily well :)

Totally agree with Roger. If I wanted a coffee maker, I'd have gone to Jessops. If manufacturers want to offer extra bells and whistles then do so as 'bolt-ons' not as 'built-ins'. (eg: wireless connectivity as a card that plugs into a cf card slot - not built into the camera) That way I can ignore them without the extra price tag / weight / battery drain etc.