PDA

View Full Version : Which Compact Camera out of these..

Scabzilla
15-02-10, 08:23 PM
Hey guys! Im new to the world of cameras and so i thought i should seek some advice!

Im looking at purchasing a compact digital camera, with a wide-ish lense and a good zoom etc.

I have been considering the following 3 models and didnt know which is the better of them? Or if there are any others i should be considering also. Looking to spend 200-250 and dont want an SLR as they are a little too blucky for what i want. The models are;

Panasonic DMC-FX550, Sony Cybershot DSC-WX1 and the Canon IXUS 120 IS

What are peoples experiances/opinions on these cameras or suggestions on similar/better ones. Thanks for any replies!

Chay!

cheddah
21-02-10, 03:50 PM
I have used older models of the Panasonic and Sony before. Personally, I love Sony compact cameras. The quality of photo always seems to be very good and there are good features on the model for mentioned. I was not that impressed with the Panasonic I used. The colours seemed washed out and even though the zoom was good, it was hard to keep it steady when zoomed fully in. I know nothing about compact Canon's. My only real comment is I don't think you would be disappointed with a Sony.

gallego1968
22-02-10, 04:15 AM
I have had a few compact digital cameras in my time and the one i have now is the best, it's a Fujifilm Finepix f40 fd. The quality of the camera and the pictures it takes are great.