Fujifilm X-M1 Review
As with the other two models, the Fujifilm X-M1 has a classical, retro design, but is noticeably smaller at 66.5mm high and 39mm deep, sporting similar proportions to Fujifilm's X20 enthusiast compact. Where it does differ from its siblings is that it does away with a viewfinder completely, instead favouring a 3in, 920k-dot vari-angle display that can be pulled outwards away from the body.
Like its siblings the X-M1 is designed for easy manual operationT. wo Command Dials allow users to adjust the aperture, shutter speed and exposure compensation quickly with their thumb. Individual buttons provide access to key parameters such as White Balance and Burst Mode.
Supporting Wi-fi connectivity, the X-M1 allows users to transfer their shots immediately to their smartphone or tablet with the dedicated Fujifilm Camera app that's free to download.
There are eight advanced Art Filters that can be added pre-image capture: namely Toy Camera, Miniature, Dynamic Tone, Pop Colour, Soft Focus, High Key, Low Key and Partial Colour, while the X-M1 features a set of Film Simulation modes with five different effects.
The X-M1 ca also shoot full HD video at 30fps. Creative effects such as the Film Simulation options can be added when shooting videos.
The X-M1 will be available with a new XC 16-50mm f/3.5 - 5.6 OIS zoom lens with a range equivalent to 24-76mm. Also announced at the same time as the X-M1 is a new XF 27mm f/2.8 lens. With a 35mm focal length equivalent of 41mm, this lightweight and compact optic combined with the X-M1 produces a very neat package.
Pricing and availability are still to be confirmed.
- 16.3 megapixel APS-C X-Trans CMOS sensor (same sensor as X-Pro1/X-E1)
- Hi-speed EXR Processor II
- Start-up time of 0.5secs (*1), shutter lag of 0.05secs and a maximum burst speed of 5.6fps (max. 30 frames (*2))
- Compact and lightweight body (half the size of an SLR)
- Tiltable 3-inch LCD (920K dot high definition)
- Built in flash with FUJIFILM's Super i-Flash technology
- ISO200-6400 in 1/3 step increments (and extended range of ISO 12800 to 24600 at reduced resolution)
- Full HD Video recording at 30fps
- 49 point AF system
- Art filters: 8 Advanced Filters plus 5 Film Simulation modes
- In-camera RAW processing
- Q button for list view of frequently-used menus and smooth configuration
- Hot shoe
- Wireless image transfer to smart phones and tablet PCs via FUJIFILM Camera app
- PC Autosave Wi-Fi® (*5) connectivity to PCs (for easy image backup)
- The X-M1 camera is available in three colours: Black, Silver and Brown
- Fujifilm X mount (compatible with all FUJINON XF / XC / Zeiss X mount lenses)